Thursday, March 11, 2021

Warm Weather and Happy Thoughts

 

Today was the warmest day of the year so far. It was probably the warmest day since last fall. To celebrate, Sam and I went for a walk on the finally non-ice covered bike path for the first time in I don't know how many months.

I had kind of forgotten how nice it was to walk this route. There was a gentle, almost spring-like breeze. Out on the water, large flocks of geese noisily bickered over god-knows-what. Further in the distance, a few swans floated downstream. 

As enjoyable as it was, it would have been even more so had some of the other folks bothered to wear their friggin' masks.

For Sam's sake, I tried not to let it get to me. Instead, I focused on the fact that perhaps some of these specimens may, at some point, find themselves lying in a hospital bed, alone, with nothing to do but stare at the ceiling and think, "If only I had worn a mask."

 I found this helped my attitude considerably.

No comments: