Sunday, June 16, 2024

Father's Day Weekend

For the first time in a long time, I went camping this weekend. This was Jake's idea and was a Father's Day gift.

We set up* on Saturday and left on Sunday morning - just the right amount of time to not totally cramp up my back.

Sam and I slept in one tent, Helaina slept in her own dome tent on our site and Jake and Lauren (and their dog) slept in their tent on the adjoining site. 

It all worked out great except for two things. First, there was a music festival across the river which was loud and lasted until 11:00 or so - way past my normal bedtime. 

And two, Rachael couldn't make it. 

Other than that, we had a good time. We had good weather, got in a lot of hiking, even saw some owls (thanks to Jake eagle(?)-eyes). I didn't even mind having to get up at about 2:00 AM to walk Sam to the bathroom.

*When I say "We", I mean Lauren and Jake. I grabbed the wrong tent. Instead of grabbing our simple-to-setup dome tent, I grabbed the confusing-to-setup, way-too big tent from hell (which I have no idea where it came from and has since been sold at a tag sale, never to be seen again.). See photos below...

 

 













No comments: